June 28, 2020
Live Worship, Week 3 We’re back. Sort of. We learned a few things last Sunday about what does and doesn’t work. Here are some things you should be aware of.
- Bulletins: We will have bulletins available for you to pick up. Our friendly ushers will be still be there to greet you. They just won’t hand you a bulletin.
- Seating: The chairs are all spread out in the Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall. This means you probably won’t be able to sit in your accustomed place.
- Offering: We have two offering boxes, one in the foyer and one in the back of the fellowship hall. Please place your offering there as you come in. Our ushers will bring the offering to the front of the worship center as part of our service.
- Children’s Bags: We’ve removed them for the time being, so parents will have to bring their own.
- Nursery: There won’t be a nursery during this transition period.
- Singing: Because Covid-19 is spread primarily through aerosol transmission, we won’t be singing for a few weeks as well. Trust me, this is one of the top five things I’ve missed about us not worshiping together, so I’m disappointed too. We will listen to two songs (“How Great Thou Art” and “Only A Holy God”) and do a responsive reading at the end of the service that ties into my message.
- Message: I’m using Psalm 58 as the text for the message. Consider reading it before you come for worship.
- What Else: Check out the “Practices and Policies” document here..
Self-Screening I can’t emphasize enough that if you don’t feel well (fever, cough, shortness of breath), please don’t come back until you are better. Do this for your sake and the sake of your brothers and sisters.
Worship Time Change Remember that our worship service will start at 10:00 am from now until Labor Day or until the Murder Hornets take over.
Live Stream Yes, we will still be live streaming our worship service on Sunday, June 28. This link will take you directly to Sunday’s worship service. We plan to go live around 9:55 with the actual service starting at 10:00. It might be wise to click on the link a little earlier just to make sure you have a good connection. By the way, don’t be afraid to use the comment feature to let us know if you are online, if you are having issues with sound or want to make a comment about the service. The audio quality will be a bit lower than what you were used to in past weeks; we are waiting for some backordered equipment to arrive to upgrade our live stream capabilities.
Giving Thanks to all of you who have continued to give to support the ministry of the church. Just a reminder that you can mail a check to BEFC, Attn: Financial Secretary, PO Box 515, Blackduck MN 56630.